Sport massage can be directed into local problem areas to reduce pain and improve recovery. It can also used for the general relaxation of the musculoskeletal system. Sports massage can help increase blood flow to the lymphatic system, improve circulation, relieve pain and aid relaxation to enable quicker recovery from high training loads. It also has an important role in helping to prevent further injury. You don’t have to be a sports person to benefit from sports massage.
Three categories of sports massage
- Pre-event/training: to refresh the legs and make sure they are ready for your event. This is a lighter sports massage than maintenance.
- Post event/training: to help you recover from a big event. This enables you to get back to training and start your next training block.
- Maintenance: a typical time frame for maintenance sports massage is anywhere between 2-5 weeks. This depends on your training load and structure. Maintenance massage reduces the chance of injury and helps to keep niggles at bay. It can also highlight if you have any weak or overworked areas, giving you focus in your training.
Benefits of regular sports massage
- Reduce the chance of a niggle becoming an injury
- Increased mobility and flexibility
- Reduce muscle tightness and pain
- Having regular massage can help you sleep better
- Massage increases blood flow to the muscles, which increases the amount of oxygen to the muscles and helps with recovery.
Cupping works with the meridian points (energy lines) the same as acupuncture does. New research and practice uses the cups for massage and myofascial release.
The cups lift the skin and fascial layers, drawing up the old non-circulating stagnant blood from the area and increasing blood flow. The increased blood flow brings more nutriance and oxygen to the area, promoting the repair of the tissue. Paired with massage (with cup or manual) you can then encourage the waste products to the lymphs to be removed from the body. The lifting of the superficial muscles and fascial layers inside the cup paired with the movement of the cups can create a stretching effect.
Benefits of cupping
- Increase blood flow to the area being cupped
- Reduce muscle pain and muscular tension
- Reduce congestion in the nervous system
- 30 minutes: £30
- 45 minutes: £40
- 60 minutes: £45
Please contact us if you’d like to discuss your needs or to book an appointment.